您現在的位置: > Language Tips > Campus > BBS  
 





 
Words of Wisdom for the Modern Age
[ 2007-05-28 15:06 ]

Wisdom today means something different for the young, modem Western generation.
對今天西方的年輕一代來說,智慧別有一番含義。

[1] Wisdom of the ancients always served civilisation well. In the age of the TV sitcom , witty New York repartee and the instant one-liner, Western wisdom in the modern sense can mean something more like the dialogue from an American sitcom. Here's sampling of the some of the wittier one-lines circulating through Western society circles these days:

古人的智慧對文明總是大有裨益。在電視情景喜劇、紐約式的機智問答和即興的單句俏皮話大行其道的時代,現代意義上的西方智慧更像是一出美國情景喜劇里對白之類的東西。以下是近來在西方社會流傳的一些具有代表性的單句睿語:

[2] I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either.
我每天只能取悅一個人。今天輪不到你。明天看上去也不太妙。

[3] 1 love deadlines. I especially like the wooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
我喜歡最后期限。我尤其喜歡它們飛馳而過時發出的嗖嗖聲。

[4] Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
告訴我你需要什么,然后我會告訴你沒有它怎么過。

[5] Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
接受這一事實--有時你是在雕像上隨意排泄的鴿子,有時你是那倒霉的雕像。

[6] Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't be needing them again.
需要某個人就像需要一頂降落傘。如果他們第一時間不在場,你就可能再也沒有需要他們的機會了。

[7] On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
在生活的鍵盤上,始終要把一個手指按在“退出”鍵上。

[8] You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
你比一群在花生醬中亂竄的海龜還要慢。

[9] Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
不要插手兇龍惡獸的事,因為你是松脆的,而被涂上番茄醬后味道好極了。

[10] Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
每個人在別人眼中都是怪物。

[11] Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
千萬別和白癡爭論。他們會把你拉低到和他們同等的水平,再用經驗擊敗你。

[12] Don't be irreplaceable--if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
切勿成為不可替代的人--如果沒人能取代你,你便無法得到提升。

[13] Eat one live frog the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
如果早晨第一件事就是吃一只活青蛙,那么余下的一天便不會有更糟的事發生了。

[14] Everything can be filed under miscellaneous.
每件東西都可歸入雜項。

[15] You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.
老板偶然來到你的辦公桌時,你總是在做一些無關緊要的事。

[16] When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question "how would adventure star Indiana Jones handle this?"
碰到難題時,把它簡化成這樣一個問題——“驚險片明星印第安那·瓊斯會怎樣處理?”--你就能比較容易地解決它了。

[17] I don't have an attitude problem. you have a perception problem.
不是我的態度有問題,而是你的感覺有問題。

(來源:旺旺英語  通訊員劉偉推薦)

 
 
相關文章 Related Stories
 
         
 
 
 
 
 
         

 

 

 
 

48小時內最熱門

     

本頻道最新推薦

     
  黑色五月——大學生自殺心理探源
  美元的符號$是怎么來的
  60屆戛納電影節完全獲獎名單
  爸爸媽媽,我愛你們!(讀者作品)
  “天兒真好”怎么說

論壇熱貼

     
  "死性不改"怎樣翻才夠味?
  “冷笑話”怎么翻呢?
  how to say: 人間極品
  My but it's certainly sunny today!
  “奉陪到底”怎么說
  Adam Smith - Theory Of Moral Sentiments




主站蜘蛛池模板: 无翼乌日本漫画| 疯狂做受XXXX国产| 国产精品自产拍2021在线观看 | 天海翼一区二区三区高清视频| 久久精品国产亚洲av电影| 熟妇人妻不卡中文字幕| 国产chinesehd精品酒店| caoporn成人| 天天操天天干天天舔| 久久一区不卡中文字幕| 欧美丰满白嫩bbw激情| 伊人影视在线观看日韩区| 色橹橹欧美在线观看视频高清| 国产男女性潮高清免费网站| 99视频在线免费看| 成人自慰女黄网站免费大全| 乱人伦人妻中文字幕无码| 欧美视频在线播放bbxxx| 免费高清av一区二区三区| 邱淑芬一家交换| 国产真实露脸乱子伦| 99re热在线视频| 性放荡日记高h| 久久久免费精品re6| 欧美videosex性欧美成人| 亚洲精品国产av成拍色拍| 精品国产一区二区三区久久狼| 国产免费久久精品99久久| 浮力影院国产第一页| 在线无码午夜福利高潮视频| 一边摸一边爽一边叫床视频| 日本护士xxxx黑人巨大| 亚洲一级大黄大色毛片| 欧美黑人性暴力猛交喷水| 再深点灬舒服灬太大了网站| 蜜臀av性久久久久蜜臀aⅴ | 久久水蜜桃亚洲AV无码精品| 欧美亚洲国产激情一区二区| 亚洲电影唐人社一区二区| 男女啪啪高清无遮挡免费| 可以免费观看一级毛片黄a|